REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
3. Membership Dues Payment. Dues. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to our Post listed above. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
THE AMERICAN LEGION’S ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA NOW COVERS HONORABLE SERVICE FROM THE PERIOD DEC. 7, 1941 UNTIL CESSATION OF HOSTILITIES AS DETERMINED BY U.S. GOVERNMENT. You need not have served overseas, just currently serving or served. Please call the following numbers for anyinformation: Bill Beck, 206-842-6839 or Ron Coglon, 360-994-4957. YOU CAN NOW GO ONLINE TO www.legion.org TO PAY YOUR DUES. CLICK ON MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL. HAVE YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD WITH YOU AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.